Sapa – Vietnam
- General information?
Sapa is a mountainous district of Lao Cai province, a land of modest, quietly but hiding many wonders of the natural scene. When French colonists was occupping Vietnam, they also want to find a place which has nice weather as France. So they discovered Sapa in winter of 1903. Then French colonists started railway construction in 1920 from Hanoi to Lao Cai. Sapa devastated much under the border war in Vietnam – China 1979. Thousands of hectares of pine forest covering the towns were burned, many ancient mansion built by France was also destroyed. In the 1990s, Sapa was built, rebuilt again. Many hotels, newly built villa. From the 40 rooms in 1990, up to 300 in 1995. In 2003, Sapa has about 60 hotels with 1,500 rooms, large and small. The number of tourists to Sapa visitors increased from 2,000 in 1991 to 60,000 visitors in 2002. Nowadays, Sapa is one of the most popular destinations in Vietnam not only for Vietnamese but also for foreigners. Sapa’s natural landscape is combined with human creativity, along with the topography of hills, green forests, the paintings are arranged in a layout harmony to create a region with many scene romantic appeal. From the city center, you can expland your eyes admire the untouched mountain peaks …
- Location of Sapa
Sapa belongs to Lao Cai province and far away from Hanoi 318 km to North West. Sapa is located on a floor at 1,500 to 1,650 meters in the mountainside Suay Lo Tong. The top of this mountain can be seen in the south east of Sapa, with an elevation of 2228 meters. From the town overlooking the Ngoi Dum valley in the east and Muong Hoa valley in southwest
- Visit Sapa and more?
- Sapa has 3.143m high Fansipan peak on Hoang Lien Son range. Hoang Lien Son range has many valuable timber species and birds like grouse, bears, monkeys, antelope. In the Hoang Lien Son, National Forest also has 136 species of birds, 56 species of mammals and 553 species of insects. There are 37 mammal species recorded in the Red Book of Vietnam.
- Ham Rong flower garden built in the natural terrain of the Ham Rong Mount, to visit the gardens, visitors have to climb a long way thousands of stone. Just a short distance, the landscape stretched out in front again which is a natural orchid, European garden, peach blossom forest … the last point is the highest point of the top of Ham Rong is arranged as an observatory, from here visitors can collect the full panoramic Sapa town in his sight. Ham Rong Mountain Sapa is in adjacent towns, any visitor can also be up to the panoramic view of the town, the valley of Muong Hoa, Sa Pa, Ta Phin hidden in smog. Currently, embellished with hand of man, Ham Rong is indeed a fruitful landscape of Sapa.
- Sapa also old church right in the town and from the town go back to the northeast, on the road to the Ta Phin has a monastery was built near the stone hillside in a clear, cool . Monasteries walk through three kilometers north to a cave with enough width can contain a number of regimental size of the army. In the cave stalactites create interesting shapes like the first dance, the delegation sat, meadows, woods sparkle. At Ta Phin with two ethnic Mong and Dao has created production facilities brocade items sold for both domestic and foreign well-known.
- Especially Muong Hoa valley with 196 islands strange shapes carved by ancient inhabitants thousands of thousands of years ago that many archaeologists have yet to decipher that information. Antique carved Zone Rated national monument and the Vietnam State being proposed world heritage. Silver Falls from elevations above 200 m to the water line made the sound of a rushing mountain and spring rain.
- Visit Sapa by Train: this is the oldest way to visit Sapa from Hanoi city. It takes long and little bit inconvenient for you. By the way, you need to come to Hanoi Train Station and get the train to Sapa. There are only 3 travel trains departure from Hanoi city to Lao Cai in the evening. After arrival to Lao Cai train station, you need to take another bus (1 hour) to go Sapa.
- Visit Sapa by sleeping bus Hanoi - Sapa. It is a cheapest way to visit Sapa from Hanoi city. We would recommend you to go by travel bus Hanoi - Sapa. Hanoi Tour Planner supplies this kind of ticket to you. The minivan picks you up from Old Quarter to meet the sleeping bus and travel to Sapa. It takes almost 5 hours including 2 breaks on the express way.
- Limousine Hanoi - Sapa : Travel route is the same with the sleeping bus but you will feel much more convenient and comfy. The limousine picks you up from your hotel in Hanoi city and drop you off at your hotel's door in Sapa town.
- Private car Hanoi - Sapa : This is the most expensive way to visit Sapa from Hanoi city. This option is almost for a private tour, private group, family looking for an unique experience of Sapa. Hanoi Tour Planner supply car rental to go Hanoi - Sapa and back. Please just leave us a text, we will do the best for you.
When Travelers go to Sapa, they have so many options such as trekking to forests, climb up Phansipang mountain, ride scooters through minorities’s villages such as Lao Chai, Ta Van, Cat Cat , Ta Phin…..